Teslin Tlingit Council Constitution (393 KB)
The Constitution is the supreme law that enshrines Teslin Tlingit Council (TTC) operating principles, including the rights and responsibilities of its Citizens and the description and role of key TTC government institutions. It forms the basis on which detailed rules may be established or changed.
The Constitution recognizes Teslin Tlingit Council as the successor to the Indian Act Teslin Indian Band, and
- extends exclusive authority of TTC over its settlement lands and the authority to share in jurisdiction over other lands;
- enshrines TTC Citizenship;
- bases TTC government on the traditional Clan system;
- enshrines Citizens rights and freedoms and a redress process for the violation of those rights;
- enshrines TTC legal capacity; and
- enshrines the delegation of legislative and/or other authority.
The TTC Citizenship Code sets the criteria and process on defining "who" is a Citizen of TTC.
Schedule A - Citizenship Code (126 KB)
Rules of selection for the position of the Chief Executive Officer and the Deputy Chief Executive Officer.